Saturday, October 31, 2009

Are You Thankful For Your Memory?

The older I get the more I am comforted by thoughts from the past. A song comes on the radio, and I immediately get thrown into my childhood to a particular activity or situation. Often, an odor from burning leaves, etc. will remind me of something special in my past. Sometimes I just go to certain places and remember the freedom from responsibility as a teenager. I love it when this happens! Experiences good and bad come to mind periodically. Of course, I draw great pleasure from the good ones, while I detest the bad ones. I am told the older we get the more this happens.

Sometimes we see and hear of people who cannot remember things. This is always sad. I know how I feel when I cannot remember something important. I can just imagine how it must be when you cannot remember your family and so on. We should be thankful that God has given us memory. It helps us keep from making the mistakes. It helps us complete our jobs, and to instruct others in various subjects. We should do our utmost to guard our memories, and keep our minds active so as to prolong our usefulness! The ability to remember an event/situation with clarity is a gift from God Himself!

Here is a link to help us with cultivating our memories:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Brain-Boosting---Tips-For-Improving-Your-Memory&id=2980396
http://ezinearticles.com/?Maintain-Your-Brain---Lessening-the-Risk-of-Alzheimers-Disease&id=169171


Please share your comments with us concerning a favorite memory you have. Pass this along with other!

No comments:

Post a Comment